Monday, December 13, 2010

Lend me some suga, I am your neighbor!

At long last I am back!
my deepest apologies for not updating in MONTHS. I've been busy/sick/lazy. But it wouldn't be December without massive amounts of baking. So here I am, back in action, and I won't put any of you (especially Kaytay...)through the stress of not updating again. Hahaha.

Anyway, I started out the holiday baking season with an old annual tradition: sugar cookies.
I used the Deluxe Sugar Cookie recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook. They are the absolute best sugar cookies ever. I love them and use this recipe all the freakin' time. Yummmmmm.

Anyway, here ya go:

HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIES:

1 Cup butter
1 1/2 Cups confectioners' sugar
1 egg
1 Tsp. vanilla
1/2 Tsp. almond extract
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1 Tsp. cream of tartar


(ahaha, okay, I know elephants aren't very Christmas-y, but I couldn't resist)



1. Mix butter, confectioners' sugar, egg, vanilla, and almond extract thouroughly.
2. Blend in flour, soda and cream of tartar.
3. Cover; chill 2-3 hours.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough in half.
5. Roll each half out on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes; sprinkle with decorative sugar.
6. Place on cookie sheets with parchment paper. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until light brown on edge. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

I'm bringing these in to my friends at school tomorrow, but I know this is not going to be the only time this month that I make these cookies. I think that they are actually my favorite thing that I bake during the holidays. Or any time of year, actually.



Peace. Love. Sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment