Thursday, June 3, 2010

When you get the urge to bake, well, you gotta bake.
And that is what I did tonight.
My mom bought me these mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's, and oh god they are so good. I love love love peanut butter and chocolate, and together, jeez, there are few things that can top that.
Also, because of that, these are very, VERY dangerous things to have around my house, because I can and WILL eat them until they are gone. So I made cookies with them. There are still a lot left, but that cut the amount down by a lot.
I adapted a recipe from the Joy of Baking. It was a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I just made the dough without the chocolate chips, scooped it out, and then placed 2-4 peanut butter cups on top and baked them like that. I kinda figured that since the peanut butter cups were a little more dense than your average chocolate chip, you wouldn't need as many. So anyway, I'll stop my rambling and give you the recipe.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (adapted from the Joy of Baking's Chocolate Chip Cookies)

COOKIES:
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
A lot of (aka I'm not sure how many) mini peanut butter cups

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F with rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
4. With two spoons, drop about 1 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Place 2 - 4 cups on each blob of dough. Bake about 10 - 14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.



Okay I do realize that that is not the most amazing picture of them, but they are pretty freakin good and I'm tired and lacking any sense of creativity.


*NOTE: I am eating one right now and I kinda decided that I am going to double the amount of salt next time because the contrast of the peanut butter with the actual cookie is a little off. They're still pretty good, but they could be a little saltier.

Peace. Love. Peanutbutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment