Thursday, December 23, 2010

Short and sweet.

I made shortbread. That's about all there really is to say. The recipe is from, of course, Martha Stewart. As I said, I will be/am been using a lot if her recipes during this season, but I promise that when the holidays are over I will go back to mixing things up.
Anyway, here is the recipe.

Classic Shortbread:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
2 sticks butter, softened, plus more for pan
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees, with rack in upper third. Whisk to combine flour and salt in a bowl.

2. In a seperate bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down side of bowl as necessary. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture all at once; mix just until combined.

3. Butter an 11 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch rimmed baking sheet, and line with parchment, leaving a 2 inch overhand on long sides. Butter parchment. Using plastic wrap, press dough onto sheet. Leave plastic on dough, and chill 20 minutes. Score in 32 rectangles (each about 3 by 1 inches); pierce dough all over with a wooden skewer. Chill 30 minutes. Bake until golden brown and firm in center., about 40 minutes. Transfer cookies, on parchment, to a wire rack; let cool slightly. Cut along scored lines into fingers, and let cool completely.





They were so yummy. This is my favorite shortbread recipe I have tried so far. The magazine had some variations on it like walnut fingers, lemon shortbread and brown sugar wedges, all of which I think I will be trying in the near future.
I made these 2 days ago and they are already gone (not all me, my family contributed to eating most of them). I think these were definitely a success.

Peace. Love. Shortbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment