Thursday, December 23, 2010

Now THOSE are some special brownies....

So, remember how I said that I would post about my special brownies later? Well, wait no more, they're here!
Introducing, my spectacular Peppermint Bark Brownies.
Now, I am quite aware of the fact that I am probably not the first or the only person in the world to think of making peppermint bark in the form of brownies, but nonetheless, I am still super proud of myself for coming up with these, and they have received much praise over the years.
I thought of the concept freshman year, and ever since it has been a must-make of the holiday season.

I just use the same basic One Bowl Brownies recipe, but of course, they are very embellished.

Then crush 4-5 regular size candy canes and put them in a bowl.





Once the brownies have cooled for about 10-20 minutes, melt an 11 oz. bag of white chocolate chips by putting them in a heat proof bowl on top of simmering water (and stirring constantly until melted completely). Then, pour the melted chocolate on top of brownies (which have not been cut yet) and smooth out with a spatula until a smooth thin layer covers the entire thing. Sprinkle crushed candy canes generously all over white chocolate, and then place the entire thing in the fridge and chill until chocolate has hardened, about 20 minutes.



Cut them carefully, trying not to crack the white chocolate layer.

I like them a lot, but honestly, I think it is just me, but they are too sweet. I can only have a small one once in a while because I just can't really have that much sweet in one dessert.
Other people who have had these generally tend to disagree, which is fine with me, I love making them and people love eating them. And that's what its all about.





Peace. Love. SPECIAL Brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment