Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blackmothsuperrainbowcupcakes

Although Sundays are really my only real day of "weekend", I still manage to drive myself crazy and overbook myself every single week. But one thing I always try to make time for is baking. Yay! Haha sorry I don't know what that was about.
Anyway, in between chores, and my stupid documentary project, I still was able to bake, which makes things a little better. Today I decided to make homemade funfetti cupcakes with chocolate (courtesy of I♥cuppycakes! ) chip buttercream.
Best decision of my day. They came out fantastically. I love the chocolate chips, and funfetti is just hella legit, so yeah.
Anywaaaaaay, enough of my yacking, here's the recipe yo.

I♥cuppycakes! Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes

Recipe adapted from Cupcakes by Shelly Kaldunski


CUPCAKES

1-1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 Tsp. baking powder
1/4 Tsp. salt
3/4 Cup sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
1 Large egg + 1 egg white, room temperature
1 Tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 Cup milk
2 Tbsp. rainbow sprinkles




1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a stand mixer, fitted with flat beater, beat the sugar and butter until well combined, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating on low.
4. Then add vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk in 2 additions, ending with the flour mixture. Fold in rainbow sprinkles.
5. Fill cupcake liners about 1/2-2/3 full. Bake for about 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting. Makes about 12 cupcakes.


Billy's Vanilla Buttercream Frosting with Chocolate Chips


FROSTING:
1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
6 to 8 Cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 Cup milk
1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add remaining 2 cups sugar to reach desired consistency. Mix in chocolate chips and frost like nobody's business!



My padre liked them a LOT, which means something, since the man is a sugar nazi.
Mission accomplished. I can sleep tonight.
Peace. Love. Funfetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment