Saturday, May 1, 2010

yodalayeeee, yodalayeeeeeee

I don't know about y'all, but for some reason the name "snickerdoodles" reminds me of yodeling. I have yet to figure out why.
The topic of this post? Well, gee whiz! You guessed it! SNICKERDOODLES!
You see, school sucks. End of story. So what do I do to calm down and forget about all of the sheeyit surrounding the torture that is high school? I dance. It helps like nobody's business.
Only problem? Dance can get pretty effing stressful too. So, then I bake.
Baking is never stressful. Its just perfection.
So yesterday I was in the midst of a complete and total mental breakdown, and so i got the urge to bake cookies.
It seemed to work pretty well. I ended up successfully making some pretty tasty snickerdoodles (or Sugar Cinnamon Butter Cookies, according to Mrs. Fields). So tasty, in fact, that my pals REID and SAMARA ate 6 each. Nice, guys.

I only had 2, because I'm normal (just kidding, i love those guys). But anyway, enough of my life's story, here's the recipe.

Mrs. Fields Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies (Snickerdoodles)

TOPPING
3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon

COOKIES
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/2 Tsp. baking soda
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 Cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
2 Sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
2 Large eggs
2 Tsp. vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven 300 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
4. In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer set at a medium speed. Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape the sides of bowl, then ass the eggs and vanilla. Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed jut until combined. Do not overmix. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar topping.
6. Place onto ungreased cooking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface. Makes about 3 dozen.




Peace. Love. Snickerdoodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment